Baltimore Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer
Baltimore Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer
If your parent or someone you know has been injured in a nursing home, call The Spector Law Group. Your parents and loved ones gave you the best years of their lives. Now they need you to make sure someone is watching out for them in the golden years of their lives. Trust your judgment and look for signs of abuse or neglect. Your loved one might not be able to speak for themselves. They need you and The Spector Law Group.
Some signs of nursing home abuse or neglect include the following:
- Bruises and lacerations (cuts)
- Heavy administration of medication or drugs
- Broken bones
- Extreme or rapid weight loss or gain
- Drastic changes in personality
- Unexpected illness or death
The Spector Law Group has extensive experience handling nursing home negligence cases. We understand how injuries happen, and we know how to properly investigate known or suspected nursing home abuse or neglect. The Spector Law Group is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To learn more about The Spector Law Group or to schedule a complimentary, confidential assessment of your potential case click here or give us a call at 443-505-7343.
Making the decision to put your loved one in nursing home is not an easy decision and finding one is even harder. If you need help choosing a nursing home for your loved one call us. We have a list of questions to ask and things to look for.
Our senior citizens have earned the right to live with dignity and to be treated with respect. Most nursing homes and assisted living facilities take their responsibilities seriously. However, other nursing homes put profits above people, and hire inadequate numbers of poorly trained staff. Especially when our elderly have mental or physical conditions that make communication difficult, they are at risk for mistreatment and injury.
Types Of Nursing Home Malpractice
Maryland nursing home malpractice usually includes:
- Bedsores/Decubitus Ulcers: Also known as pressure sores, some nursing homes either improperly restrain their residents (whether physically or with medication), or else do not move residents enough. If a person stays in one position for too long, the skin can break down, become infected, and develop into large wounds. Sometimes, these wounds can cause death.
- Falls: Nursing homes must tailor their treatment to the patient. Some residents require beds that are lower to the ground or that have railings to prevent them from rolling out and falling. Residents who have difficulty walking may need to be escorted, especially to and from the bathroom at regular intervals and upon request.
- Elopement: Some nursing home residents have mental injuries, including dementia or Alzheimer’s. Those patients can become easily confused or disoriented, and are at risk for leaving the nursing home facility. When not properly supervised, they sometimes neglect their own safety, including crossing busy streets.
- Abuse: Physical, mental and sexual abuse can and does occur at nursing homes. All employees of the nursing home, whether doctors, nurses or staff, are responsible for the care of their residents.
- Wrongful Death: Nursing homes are the first line of defense for their residents-if there is a medical problem, the nursing home must advise the family and, if necessary, obtain emergency medical treatment. Failure to do so can cause injuries or death, and the nursing home is responsible.
Deadline To File A Nursing Home Malpractice Claim
Nursing home malpractice lawsuits are a type of medical malpractice. In Maryland, most medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed in court within three years of the date of the malpractice. There are other rules that can extend the time or shorten time, and it may take three to six months to investigate the claim before filing, so if you believe you have a nursing home lawsuit you should contact a lawyer right away.
Contact Our Baltimore Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer
For more information, or to investigate whether you or a loved one has a nursing home lawsuit, contact our medical malpractice lawyers at 443-505-7343, or online for a free consultation. Your injury can’t wait, so contact the lawyers who will make you their priority.
We don’t get paid unless you win. Call us today to discuss your claim.
If you have been injured call 443-505-7343 or Click here